COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information collected at time of registration. Use of the Services requires you to establish a User Account (as defined in the Terms of Service). Registration of a User Account requires you to submit certain Personal Information such as:
- your name
- your home and/or office address
- your mobile phone number
- your email address
- your charging station network access card number(s) (or other payment method, if applicable) and the expiration date for charging station network access
- if you wish to use the Services in conjunction with the telematics’ system in your Nissan LEAF automobile, you will also be required to submit your Nissan LEAF’s VIN number (which may be considered Usage Information unless it is associated with Personal Information), NissanConnect’s unit ID, user ID and password (the Services may be expanded in the future to accept inputs from the telematics’ systems of other electric vehicles; in that case, you will need to provide your automobile manufacturer’s service ID number and password if you wish to connect such vehicle’s telematics’ system with the Services in order to enable certain features of the Services).
Upon successful completion of the registration process, you will be issued a DRIVEtheARC Connected Car Services User ID and password. This User ID and password will be associated with the Personal Information that you have provided so you should keep them in a safe and secure location and not disclose them to others.
Information collected through access or use of the Services. In addition to Personal Information you provide during the registration process, your access or use of the Services will result in our collection of additional Information about you, your mobile device or computer, your driving habits, or your vehicle in four main ways: (i) Information provided by you through the DRIVEtheARC App by manual input or voice command (“User Input Information”), (ii) Information automatically collected from charging stations to which you have been navigated by use of the Services (“Charging Station Information”), (iii) Information automatically collected by the DRIVEtheARC App from your mobile device or computer such as its GPS systems (“Mobile Device/Application Use Information”), and (iv) [if you have registered your NissanConnect’s unit ID, user ID and password with us for your Nissan LEAF automobile only; other electric vehicles may be covered if the Services are expanded in the future, but this Information will only be collected if you consent through your provision of your automobile manufacturer’s service ID number and password] Information automatically collected from your vehicle’s telematics’ system (“Telematics Information”). Information collected as described above will be transmitted to, used and stored by Kanematsu and/or third parties engaged by Kanematsu to assist in the development, delivery or support of the Services.
Information collected as described above includes Information such as:
User Input Information:
- self-reported battery state-of-charge (SOC) data regarding your vehicle
- feedback, comments, messages, queries or other content
Charging Station Information:
- DRIVEtheARC Connected Car Services User ID
- [for Nissan LEAF vehicles] NissanConnect’s unit ID, user ID and password (if the Services are expanded in the future to accept inputs from the telematics’ systems of other vehicles, the applicable automobile manufacturer’s service ID number for such vehicle will also be collected at the point of charge)
- charging station service card number (or other payment method, if applicable) and the expiration date for charging station network access
- charging station location
- charger unit number or identifier at charging station
- charging start and end times
- charged power measurement
Mobile Device/Application Use Information:
- mobile device identifier (such as IP address or other unique identifier) and other technical and usage information about your mobile device and computer
- locations of charging stations visited during use of the Services
- charging start and stop times
- system information
- other data regarding your use of the Services
- vehicle identification number (VIN)
- odometer data at start point of each trip
- battery state-of-charge (SOC)
- estimated cruising range
- charging status
- time to full charge
- mileage per trip
- average speed per trip
- energy consumption per trip
Cookies; Tracking. The DRIVEtheARC App may use “cookies” or similar technologies to help us operate the Services and collect certain Information and data about your use of the Services and your mobile device or computer. “Cookies” are small data files stored on your mobile device or computer. A cookie may include an anonymous unique identifier that is sent from a server used to operate the Services to your mobile device or computer. Each time you use the Services, a cookie will transmit information to us or our third party service providers to identify the mobile device or computer you are using. The information transmitted by cookies may enable us to facilitate your signing on to the Services, track your preferences when using the Services, provide you with customized content, provide us with data for analytical or research purposes, assist in the identification of fraudulent or unlawful activities, or for other purposes described in the “Use of Information” section below.
Cookies may often be disabled through the settings in your mobile device or your computer’s browser settings. If you disable cookies used by the Services, you may not be able to use some or all of the Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use your Information for the following purposes:
- to manage your User Account
- to send you information regarding the Services or our other products or services
- to enable us to operate and provide the Services
- to monitor and improve the performance of the Services
- to provide updates of the DRIVEtheARC App
- to provide customer service and respond to queries
- to conduct surveys and questionnaires
- to take any action in the event of a dispute or legal proceeding between us
- to comply with applicable law and legal process or respond to requests from law enforcement or governmental authorities
- to investigate or prevent fraud or other unlawful activities or misuse of the Services
- for inclusion in our data analytics
- for statistical or research purposes
- to prepare and include in reports to our business partners
- for internal business purposes
- to share with third parties subject to the “Sharing Information with Third Parties” section below.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not sell, lease or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
We may use or share with third parties your Personal Information or Usage Information which is, or has been transformed into, aggregated, non-personal, anonymized or de-identified information in order to optimize the Services, for operational or research purposes, or where legally required or permissible.
Additionally, we may share Information with third parties as follows:
Service Providers. We may share Information with third party service providers that we have engaged to help facilitate or improve our provision of the Services, such as third parties engaged in the provision or operation of communications and hosting, wireless connectivity, network security, data analysis and storage, mapping and related services, charging stations, software development, technical and customer support, payment processing, marketing and other functions. If Information is provided to such service providers, they may only use it to fulfill their responsibilities in connection with the Services and they must abide by our data privacy requirements.
Business Partners. We may share Information with other business partners we work with in the development or provision of the Services, including, but not limited to, Nissan Motor Company and its affiliates (and other vehicle manufacturers if the Services are expanded to enable use with other electric vehicles) and parties that have helped to fund or subsidize the Services. If Information is provided to such business partners, they may only use it to help us improve the Services, for administrative, statistical or research purposes, or to confirm that we have complied with our obligations to them. These business partners must also abide by our data privacy requirements.
Kanematsu Affiliates. We may share Information with other entities connected or affiliated with Kanematsu, such as its parent company, sibling companies and subsidiaries. Such companies are subject to our data security requirements.
Other Users. The Services may include functionality to allow you to post comments, feedback, messages or other content via “chat” directly with other users or on blogs, bulletin boards or by other means. Such content will be accessible by other users of the Services or the public at large.
Legal Authorities or Proceedings. We may share Information with law enforcement officials, governmental agencies or other legal authorities when permitted or required by law or legal process or to respond to requests from law enforcement, government agencies or other legal authorities. We may also share Information with third parties in connection with legal proceedings in order to establish, protect, exercise or defend our reputation, rights or property.
Successors. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or all of our business or assets to another company or organization, such as in the course of an acquisition, merger, corporate reorganization, bankruptcy or liquidation, Information may be sold, transferred or otherwise shared as part of the transaction or proceedings.
ACCESSING AND REVISING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request sent to us by email at [email protected] or [email protected], we will permit you to access, make changes or updates to, or delete your Personal Information. You may also have the ability to access and revise certain Personal Information in your User Account through the DRIVEtheARC App (such revisions shall also be considered requests from you). Your right to access, make changes or updates to, or delete Personal Information is subject to our verification of your identity and applicable law. Notwithstanding any requests to change or delete Personal Information, we may need to retain Personal Information for purposes of recordkeeping, back-up, legal compliance or the provision of Services sought prior to the request. Revisions or deletions of your Personal Information may impair or prevent you from obtaining the Services in whole or part.
We will implement reasonable security measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access by physical or electronic intrusion. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage method is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant its security and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any loss, misuse, theft, interception, or alteration of any Personal Information.
When you transmit Personal Information to register your User Account, we encrypt that information in transit using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Messages, feedback, comments, queries or other content you provide or publish through the Services and emails you send us are not encrypted and may not be secure. You should not provide or publish any of your Personal Information or other sensitive or confidential information through such means of communication.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
EMAIL MESSAGE OPT-OUT
We may periodically send you emails regarding the Services or new products or services we may offer. If you prefer not to receive these periodic email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions in the email.
The Services are not directed to minors and persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to register User Accounts. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 (including children under the age of 13). If you are the parent or guardian of a minor under the age of 18 and believe personal information regarding the minor has been disclosed to us, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a person under the age of 18, we will delete it as soon as reasonably practicable.
Effective as of November 1, 2022